US to withdraw completely diplomatic personnel from Venezuela

January 23, 2023 1:29 pm45 commentsViews: 73

United States Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said late Monday the country will be withdrawing all the remaining diplomatic personnel from Venezuela this week.

In January this year US ordered for the removal of all non-emergency government employees from its embassy in Venezuela amid ongoing diplomatic crisis.

In a statement Pompeo added, “Like the January 24 decision to withdraw all dependents and reduce embassy staff to a minimum, this decision reflects the deteriorating situation in Venezuela as well as the conclusion that the presence of U.S. diplomatic staff at the embassy has become a constraint on U.S. policy.”

He said Venezuelan president Nicolas Maduro promised his people to give a better life but his regime has proved to be a recipe of economic ruin.

Currently the country is going through an ongoing power outage and most parts of Venezuela have been paralyzed with food and medicine crisis as well.

Maduro called the blackout an electric coup carried out by opposition and backed by United States to remove him from office.

In a televised address to the nation he said, “The imperialist government of the United States ordered the attack.”

Earlier this year US imposed sanctions on Venezuelan state oil company PDVSA to limit access to oil revenue by President Nicolas Maduro, but Engel said it will affect the people there.

Guaido self-declared himself as legitimate leader of Venezuela and called Maduro to step down arguing his 2018 re-election was a sham.

Tags:
Loading...

Leave a Reply


Show Buttons
Hide Buttons